Requisition Number: WE-12298
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
As an organizational development expert in this high growth, high performing brand, you will utilize the full set of organization development tools and methods, including organizational design, strategy development, organizational alignment, change management, facilitation design and process and project management as well as situational leadership advice and guidance to coach leaders through this work in support of corporate and stores.
* Collaborate with Human Resources colleagues and business leaders to diagnose business needs and create/support targeted interventions including: organizations design, change management, firm strategy governance, and leadership effectiveness
* Using a systemic approach, diagnose, create, and lead leadership teams through the organizational design process with a focus on the integration of strategy, work, talent, rewards and culture.
* Create necessary relationships, links, and connections to inform and influence organizational design decisions in close partnership with the Brand President.
* Develop methods of measuring if performance management aligns with organizational goals.
* Outline who does the work and how the work gets accomplished; define what great work looks like.
* Actively promote the assimilation of Organizational Effectiveness and Change Management competencies with all cross-function partners trough education, partnership, and consultation.
* Facilitate/lead change and transition efforts in various parts of the organization to ensure identified goals are fully achieved
* Create and manage work plans, communications, and sustainability processes to support consulting initiatives
* Stay current on research and practices in organization design and change management, and the interdependence of related talent solutions (e.g. leadership, learning, assessment, performance management, etc.)
* Provide individualized Executive coaching as required to help create high performance teams at the Senior Leadership level.
* Act as the Organizational Development consultant by developing and maintaining a menu of Organizational Development interventions to support team effectiveness as a critical component of business effectiveness.
* Work in close partnership with West Elm stores organization to define top talent and create a path of talent integration.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum of 5 years' experience with demonstrated success in orchestrating organizational development and change is required.
* Knowledge of and experience in leading edge methods and approaches to creating sustainable competitive advantage through Human Resources (Succession Planning, Top Grading, Strategy Deployment, Employee Satisfaction etc.)
* Experience in the design and conduct of Organizational Development interventions such as team building, workshops etc. is required.
* Exceptional Communication skills and facility in working with Senior Leadership is imperative.
* Prior experience in large, multi-function, and cross geographic organizations is required.
* Degree required; MBA preferred. (not sure if we want to make this a requirement)
Operational Leadership - Ability to think globally and locally. Assesses process effectiveness, secures buy-in for improvements and implementation. Continuously prioritizes efforts in order to balance short and long-term goals, redirecting efforts as business needs shift.
Global Business Acumen - Understands the complexity of business on a global scale. Embraces cultural and individual differences with empathy and work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability - Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams - Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets examples through own behavior. Align individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to succeed and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results - Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, takes initiative to resolve problems and work quality issues. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members and external partners and customers so that critical communication remains open and productive. Engage in courageous conversations with a point of view around areas of expertise. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor presentation style and key messages to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration - Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex business organizations to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Integrity - Ability to do what is right for the business by being an advocate for our associates. Acts with tact, integrity and confidentiality to resolve sensitive issues.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.