Presbyterian Healthcare Services
CHIEF LEARNING OFFICER
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state’s largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian’s story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico’s history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
* Master Degree
* 15 years of senior level talent management and learning leadership experience
* Knowledge of instructional design, curriculum and content development.
* Experience working in a matrixed environment.
* Experience in leading change management across an organization
* Experience building high performing teams
* Experience working with executive leaders
* Experience working in healthcare environment
* Strong leadership presence and presentation skills
* A Masters degree in Organizational Development, Behavioral Science, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field is required. A Ph.D is preferred
The Chief Learning Officer is a newly created role centralizing the training, education, organizational development, technology and systems that support Presbyterians strategies, initiatives, policies, practices and programs.
Reporting to the SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer, in this role the Chief Learning Officer will partner effectively with Presbyterians senior leadership team to ensure alignment between strategy and workforce development to drive and enable change and culture. The Chief Learning Officer will also have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer and Chief Experience Officer through the Clinical Institutes for providers, nursing/ancillary and experience.
* Partner with business and clinical leaders to formulate a Talent and Organizational strategy, focused on long-term organizational capabilities.
* Establish and lead the newly formed Learning Governance Council which has responsibility for:
- alignment to Presbyterians needs and strategy
- alignment of budget, talent and methodologies
- coordination of delivery and resources across the enterprise.
* Design and deliver management and leadership programs.
* Oversight of executive and physician leadership coaching utilizing both internal and external resources.
* Ensure all new employees and providers are on boarded quickly and consistently.
* Establish and manage career development planning tools for all levels of staff and leaders
* Directs large scale change management
* Institutes effective training strategies.
* Creation and oversight of consistent evaluation processes and structures
* Oversight and deployment of training resources for core systems training including Epic.
* Oversight of instructional designers and trainer/facilitator development
* Demonstrate ability to develop and implement a technology and innovation solution for the PHS Enterprise organizational development and learning componentry.
* Oversees and institutes latest technology including media, web and computer based training
* Oversight of technology support services including media, computer based training and web-based training design.
* Responsible for negotiating and managing third party supplier contracts
* Lead a team of professionals
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include: Competitive salaries
Full medical, dental and vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Free wellness programs
Paid time off (PTO)
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
Continuing education and career development opportunities
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
About New Mexico
New Mexico’s unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich life>
Santa Fe’s artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation’s best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active life>
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Job Reference #:
Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Website : http://www.phs.org
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of patients, members and communities we serve since 1908. We are a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a medical group and health plan. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state’s second-largest private employer with more than 10,000 employees. We serve New Mexicans through our 8 hospitals, 700 Providers in 50 specialties at more than 100 clinics throughout New Mexico. We are governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of dedicated community leaders. We invest in the future. Whether it is our electronic health record that is shared throughout Presbyterian's health system or introducing new services in a new community, Presbyterian makes investments to better serve New Mexico now and into the future.Rust Medical Center