**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Dental, Medical, Vision
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. connects our members to local energy services, empowering them through group-buying power to stretch their dollars farther and purchase renewable energy sources that help create cleaner, healthier communities. We’ve been the area’s member-owned, nonprofit energy supplier since 1979. We provide renewable electricity and heating oil (including Bioheat) to more than 5,000 members in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Located conveniently in Center City Philadelphia, you’ll be leading a small staff of dedicated, passionate individuals in a relaxed office environment.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for The Co-op’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives through direction and oversight of all
strategy and implementation, day-to-day management of staff and operations, and policy execution. The ED must move capably and confidently between a wide range of responsibilities, including business development, financial management, human resources, public relations, board relations, and staff oversight. The ED reports to the Board of Directors.
Membership and Growth
· Lead organizational efforts to serve existing members and drive significant growth in membership.
· Drive the development of new programs and coherent pricing strategies to support growth while recognizing that The Co-op is a member-owned organization.
· Ensure that marketing and outreach programs are effective tools for attracting and retaining members.
Strategy and Leadership
· Provide leadership and direction to all staff while developing organizational and financial strategies in support of both short-term and long-range goals.
· Create and oversee execution of a strategic plan to ensure consistent and timely progress towards accomplishing results and pursuing The Co-op’s mission.
· Provide leadership in developing organizational financial plans including monthly financial reporting and annual budget with the staff and Board of Directors, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
· Ensure the continued development of a professional and efficient organization.
· Cultivate a working knowledge of significant energy and organizational developments, as well as industry trends.
Budget and Finance
· Oversee multi-year operating plan and annual budget, and ensure prudent cash flow and organization finances, adhering to sound financial practices.
· Develop and implement strategies to drive revenue growth and financial sustainability through existing and additional membership.
· Work with the staff, Finance Committee, Controller and the Board in preparing a comprehensive budget.
· Participate in an annual audit and share financial report with the Board and members.
· Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Governance and Membership
· Participate as a non-voting board member on the Board of Directors and in other committees of the Board as required.
· Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
· Conduct an Annual Membership Meeting according to the organization’s by-laws.
· Cultivate a working knowledge of cooperative principles and trends in the field.
· Serve as the Co-op’s spokesperson and key representative to the public including conferences, panels, etc. across a wide set of audiences to position **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. as community resource for energy information and education.
· Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with members.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the communities and constituencies served by The Co-op.
· Build strategic partnerships and engagements with other community organizations to build the brand of the Co-op in the community.
Program Planning and Management
· Manage program operations to ensure financial targets are met and contribute to the financial health of the organization.
· Ensure that the programs and services contribute to the organization's mission and reflect the priorities of the board and members.
· Develop new programs consistent with the Co-op’s mission to help the organization thrive in an increasingly competitive energy market.
· Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
· Develop and maintain an office culture with policies that support cooperative principles and staff and organizational growth.
· Oversee the recruitment, employment, and termination of personnel.
· Oversee the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for all staff.
· Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate regulations; maintain a climate that attracts, supports, and motivates a diverse and competent workforce.
· Set regular feedback sessions with the staff to improve performance and encourage staff development and education.
· Aid staff in prioritizing work to meet the needs of the organization.
· Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s members, people, property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
· Create and implement risk mitigation plans as appropriate
· 10 years’ experience in energy, cooperative, or non-profit sectors with a preference for experience in renewable and retail energy.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, challenge, and guide staff.
· Prior experience leading a company or division, including full P&L responsibility.
· Experience working with or strong interest in cooperative businesses.
· Demonstrated success in a Business-to-Consumer (B2C) capacity.
· Knowledge of financial and human resources management.
· Exceptional communication skills, including presentations, written and oral.
· Project management skills with a key attention to detail.
· Success in working with a Board of Directors; demonstrated ability to grow existing Board Member relationships and recruit new candidates.
· Ability to think strategically and manage a small business in a highly-competitive energy market.
· Ability to work across multiple departments with multiple stakeholders.
· Ability to lead in ambiguity and move the organization forward.
· Diverse professional network for garnering new opportunities.
· Experience working in or interfacing with community-serving organizations a plus.
1315 Walnut Street Philadelphia PA 19107