William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates worldwide.
About the Team:
Our global footprint provides opportunities to deliver highly strategic advice to market-leading companies around the world. Guided by our unwavering commitment to our clients' success and motivated by our vision to build the premier global boutique investment bank, we provide the industry's brightest minds with the opportunity to thrive in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment and team-oriented culture. Our mission is to provide bold, creative advice to clients and leadership in our markets and our communities.
About Equity Capital Markets
The Equity Capital Markets (ECM) group is responsible for originating, structuring and executing equity and equity-linked transactions on behalf of the firm's corporate and financial sponsor clients. Typical transactions include IPOs, follow-ons, convertibles, private placements, block trades and spin-offs.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
William Blair is seeking a Vice President/Director to join the Equity Capital Markets Group.
* Contribute to annual revenue targets set forth by senior management by identifying, recommending, and closing new deal opportunities to be entered into the firm
* Participate in selling/pitching the firm's services/products to new clients and referral sources
* Develop/define equity offering strategies and appropriately communicate and advise corporate clients
* Lead the execution of various equity offering strategies on behalf of the firm's clients
* Maintain institutional investor relationships that can be leveraged to market transactions and provide client feedback in deal and non-deal settings
* Identify and target new business opportunities
* Maintain real-time capital market knowledge and macro and microeconomic themes that drive equity markets and investor sentiment
* Participate in other projects as requested by management
* Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degree preferred
* Significant experience in originating and executing book run equity capital market transactions across multiple industries; with a focus in healthcare
* Proven ability to lead transaction processes and pitch new business with minimal senior banker oversite
* Ability to work on multiple projects and transactions
* Supervise and serve as a role model for junior staff and target areas for their development
* Be a team player that fosters sense of teamwork and community by participating in recruiting, reviews, mentoring, and firm committees
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in an entrepreneurial culture
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.