Atrium is currently seeking an experienced professional to provide leadership, strategy and direction to drive enterprise-wide food and beverage (“F&B”) operations as well as impact and influence revenue growth in this very critical operations area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing creative food and beverage concepts for all hotel brands in support of the enterprise-wide business initiatives established by the Senior Vice President, Operations, and team of Vice Presidents, Operations (“VPOs”). F&B responsibility will include all restaurant, bar, lounge, room service, catering, and café operations, in addition to offering recommendations (based upon sound market research and analysis) that will broaden the organization’s ability to remain forward-thinking in providing innovative service offerings in the F&B space.
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate must have:
* A Culinary Degree or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant hotel industry experience required. Experience with national hotel brands such as Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Starwood is preferred.
* 7-10 years of leadership experience in food and beverage operations required. Multi-property leadership role experience preferred.
* Qualities of a strategic and innovative thinker combined with exceptional leadership skills. A proven track record of initiating and championing new concepts through successful implementation.
* Exceptional skill in problem solving and leveraging resources to optimize discipline capabilities. Resolve issues through negotiations, analysis, alignment, relationship skills and communication.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional environment.
* Strong ability to effectively manage and be responsive to multiple stakeholders with competing priorities while delivering successful, measurable results.
* Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Strong computer skills with expertise in preparing Excel spreadsheets. Proficiency in all other Microsoft Office applications is required, including email and calendaring applications. Must also demonstrate an ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs and software as introduced throughout the organization.
* Travel requirements: 20 – 40 %
* Achieve budgeted F&B revenue goals through promotion, product and pricing of F&B department for the enterprise.
* Understand the unique F&B needs and requirements of full-service brand hotels and effectively collaborate with Operations, Brand Relations & QA, Revenue Strategies, and Legal to ensure that initiatives and programs are well communicated to all stakeholders and that any issues resulting from those programs are quickly identified and resolved.
* Communicate brand appropriate product and/or service standards and specifications (including creative, quality, and financial expectations), ensuring all Atrium hotels operate in accordance with such standards.
* Identify, establish relationships and collaborate with experts in the areas of culinary, restaurants, bars, café, and event management.
* Serve as the key point of contact with the VPOs, General Managers, Assistant General Managers, and other F&B personnel on F&B issues.
* Identify the appropriate level of localization that is needed for successful implementation of all enterprise-wide F&B programs and initiatives.
* Participate in F&B concept development for all restaurant, bar, lounge, room service, catering, and café operations, as needed.
* Identify process improvements and make recommendations to senior leadership, as needed.
* Working knowledge of industry and brand quality assurance programs to include GSS, various audit requirements and any accompanying computer-based systems in an effort to protect brand integrity and improve F&B scores.
* Test and/or pilot F&B products, programs, concepts and services. Identify operational implications prior to full-scale rollout. Support strategic review and planning processes for new initiatives spanning multiple disciplines and brands.
* Manage clear and effective information flow to senior leadership and all other internal stakeholders.
* Provide food and beverage direction to the Owners and Franchisees through policy and brand standard interpretations and make recommendations of policy, design and brand standards revisions.
* Identify, support and promote the development of enterprise-wide F&B talent through effective training programs and initiatives.
* All other duties as assigned by the SVP, Operations that are determined necessary in order to successfully carry out the goals of F&B operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
MUST THE APPLICANTS SUPPLY THEIR OWN WORK PERMIT?: