Under the supervision of a Wireline Manager, the Wireline Equipment Operator learns basic safety and repair procedures on departmental equipment using the mentor program and on job training to include but not limited to: assembling down-hole well logging and perforating tools, assists with the rigging up and down of service line equipment, performs maintenance on the service line equipment including the Wireline unit and crane truck, and performs preventative maintenance on well logging and perforating equipment.
• Pass the company’s drug screen.
• Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment”.
• Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
• Acceptable criminal history.
• Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
• Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
• This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
• While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
• Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid CDL A or B driver’s license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
• Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
• No experience necessary for entry level position
• Advanced level operators must obtain a “Man-Lift” certification and must hold a Crane Operating License signifying skill to set up and operate the crane used in Wireline operations.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Must hold a valid state issued commercial driver’s license including HAZMAT endorsement
• Basic computer skills are preferred.
1. Assists during the rigging up and down of well logging and perforating equipment
2. Develops necessary skills to operate departmental equipment as well as the ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
3. Assists during the operation of well logging and perforating equipment at the well site
4. Learns assembly methods for down-hole logging and perforating tools.
5. Learns to perform preventative maintenance on service line equipment including down-hole and surface well logging and perforating equipment
6. Learns to drive and operate Wireline unit and crane truck
7. Assists with pre- and post-job equipment inspection
8. Works under strict supervision with little or no flexibility in regards to work methodology. Job duties are highly defined and repetitive in nature.
9. Complies with all company and client Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) practices and guidelines.
10. Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA’s are followed.
11. Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines
12. Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
13. Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
14. Has developed an exceptional skill within the service line and a firm understanding of other service functions
15. Requires maintained eligibility to drive commercial and company owned vehicles.
16. Develops an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
17. Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
18. Must participate in all company provided training.
19. Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.
Nabors Industries, Ltd
Website : http://www.nabors.com