Vice President of Development
The Vice President of Development has overall responsibility for all
aspects of the Public Safety software products from generation of new
ideas to the ultimate distribution to the marketplace. The main
objective is to ensure the development team builds a market leading
product while always enhancing software architecture and maintaining
high quality - all in collaboration with the professional services,
client success and sales teams.
* Oversees the planning, directing, and coordination of all
activities associated with creating software across multiple
functional areas and products.
* Leads the development organization in the efficient, on-time
delivery of high quality software products and tools and ensures
the continuous maintenance and improvement of our existing
products while overseeing all aspects of the organization s
* Responsible for providing technical, functional and strategic
leadership for applications development and across the enterprise.
* Responsible for ensuring the development team s ability to
design, code, and test software in a manner that is predictable
and repeatable with respect to delivering on-time and with a high
degree of quality.
* Oversee projects across functions to ensure technical/functional
solutions are solid, well integrated, comply with technical
strategy and meet or exceed customer requirements.
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the software development
organization, providing leadership, communication, prioritization,
and decision-making activities to optimize intra and
* Prioritize and allocate projects and resources with the
assistance of directors, architects, and managers.
* Participate in the strategic decisions about technology,
definition, and implementation of the software products.
* Participate and advise in the evaluation of potential strategic
* Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a multi-team or
* Full profit & loss responsibility for the development
* Recruit, develop and retain individuals with skills, attitude and
experience necessary to enable the organization to meet
* Responsible for performance feedback, reviews, and development
for the department.
* Coach and mentor direct reports.
* Establish and maintain an effective system of communication
throughout the organization and ensure clear communication of
strategy to teams with clear articulation of their roles and
* Direct the software development function in developing,
releasing, and maintaining software applications according to
* Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be
assigned from time to time.
* BS or MS/MBA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Business and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
* Twelve years of software development experience.
* Seven years of management responsibility.
* Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously;
ability to delegate work, proven leadership ability.
* Public Safety or Local Government software industry experience
* Demonstrated extensive knowledge and application of computer
* Demonstrated extensive knowledge of development process and
* Demonstrated extensive knowledge of product architecture and
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work with other departments
and have client interactions.
* Demonstrated organization and planning ability.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
communication skills, teamwork and customer service skills.
Requisition Number: *******-1
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?