_AVP Strategic Planning and Data Management_
_Medical City Healthcare_
/Medical City Healthcare is one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers and includes 14 hospitals, 7 off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50 ambulatory sites, more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area./
The AVP Strategic Planning and Data Management is responsible for supporting the development and monitoring of business strategies and opportunities for the North Texas Division hospitals.
The duties of this position may include but are not limited to:
• Works collaboratively with the VP of Strategic Planning, AVP of Strategic Planning and North Texas facility executive leadership to develop, document, monitor, and coordinate long-range strategies and plans for services, facilities and operations of the organization
• Builds consensus in support of these strategies and plans
• Assesses programmatic strengths and weaknesses
• Drives and maintains project management of the division’s strategies
• Facilitates service line planning across the Division with Hospital and Division leadership
• Identifies and assesses business opportunities which may include the evaluation of potential mergers and acquisitions
• Works with Decision Support and Information Technology to obtain, generate, build reports and analyze data regarding:
o Competitive environment in the North Texas Division
o Market share data
o Other market data
• Supports the development of the Division Strategic Plan each year and planning updates throughout the year
• Conducts special studies to evaluate and develop new programs and services.
• Aligns development and strategic planning with physician sales and physician recruiting
• Leads alignment of market analysis with marketing initiatives including but not limited to:
o Analyze internal and external data relevant to market and estimate demand for services
o Assist with development of CRM strategies to appropriately position HCA North Texas
o Leads primary and secondary market research initiatives from concept development through final reporting
o Supports marketing CRM, PMI, and community perception vendor relationships
o Facilitates identification of appropriate reporting metrics to clearly articulate successes and identify opportunities for change
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In collaboration with hospital CEOs, establishes and monitors the strategic planning process and hospital planning cycle, ensuring process focus on the strategic business drivers, with focus on service line growth, service, quality, people, financial, and key community and internal relationships. Establishes hospital strategic plan reviews and challenges existing processes, ensuring that facility senior teams present and support targeted actions to achieve desired results around each of the key business drivers.
• In collaboration with Hospital leadership, develops a service line plan that includes physician development, recruitment, sales and programs.
• In collaboration with Hospital leaders, ensures alignment and integration of hospital and corporate resources around the facility and division strategic business plans, including the projection of capital, operating, information technology, and human resources needs.
• Establishes and coordinates project management for ensuring facility accountability and communication around progress made on strategic initiatives; facilitates support and collaboration from division and corporate resources to ensure successful execution of facility strategic business plans, actively involved in the developing and monitoring business plans.
BA degree required
Master’s degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred
7 years progressively responsible experience in health care industry to include demonstrated success in an administrative capacity with responsibilities related to strategic planning and business development
Analytical skills – Ability to develop and coordinate short and long range planning activities.
Adaptability – Ability to manage many complex projects simultaneously in team environment. Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Ability to work successfully in a highly complex organization with matrix reporting relationships.
Relationship/Interpersonal Skills - demonstrated ability to build relationships and to work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time. Able to work in fast-paced environment.
Communication – Communicate clearly (written, verbal, and presentation), proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and staff.
Customer orientation - Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
Managing Conflict – Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
Organization - Proactively prioritize efforts and have keen ability to multi-task.
*Directors & Managers
AVP of Strategic Planning and Data Management
Texas-Irving-North Texas Division Office