**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., a consumer-packaged goods producer (CPG) and market leader of cigars and a broad assortment of smokeless tobacco products including snus, is currently seeking a Vice President Business Control & CFO for the Richmond, VA office.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Oversees accounting & reporting, business planning & analysis, income tax compliance & reporting, procurement and business technology departments. Meets regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction;
2. Assess and evaluate Divisional financial performance with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization
3. Communicate, engage and interact with Divisional management team, Swedish Match executive management personnel and Group Management Team.
4. Responsible for the development of annual financial objectives that align with the Division's long-range plan.
5. Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for submission to Swedish Match Corporate Control (Stockholm) and related enterprise performance management reporting (President's reports and quarterly EPM reports).
6. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and Swedish Match's board of directors
7. Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
8. Ensure compliance with required state and federal income and excise tax filing requirements and audit defense activities.
9. Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
10. Confers with the President, U.S. Division, Vice President, Sales, Vice President, Manufacturing Cigar Operations, Vice President, Human Resources and Administration; Vice President, Marketing and Vice President, Legal & General Counsel to coordinate and prioritize Divisional priorities and planning;
11. Responsible for development of Divisional long-range plan, including quarterly rolling forecast updates;
12. In conjunction with SM Global (Swiss) Treasury function, manages the Division's intercompany cash pool and indebtedness positions;
13. Chairs the Employee Benefits and Pension Committees; and
14. Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the President, U.S. Division and/or the President & CEO of SMAB.
1. Directly supervises:
Controller, Tax Director, Sr Mgr. Business Planning & Analysis, Sr Mgr. Financial Planning & Analysis, Sr Mgr. Procurement US, Sr Mgr. Business Technology; Indirectly supervises: All supervisors and managers assigned to areas of responsibility
2. Exhibit and reinforce behaviors that are in line with the Company Core Values
3. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Bachelors degree required, Masters degree and/or CPA designation preferred.
Experience with supply chain, marketing and/or sales with a FMCG environment is considered a plus. Ability to translate complex financial data into comprehensive reports and presentations. Demonstrated consistent and successful track record of performance with strong credibility and reputation for delivering results and experience in working in a global and multicultural environment.
Strategic thinker, partnership and relationship building ability, focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives and strong leadership, team management and negotiation skills. Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong customer service orientation.
Sound knowledge of all aspects of strategic planning and risk management. Should have working familiarity with International Financial Accounting Standards, internal controls, information system environments and US and international income tax regulations.
Swedish Match offers highly competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental and vision, bonding leave, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), paid vacation, 11 paid holidays and more!
Swedish Match was named on the list of Top Work Places in Richmond for 2015, 2016 & 2017 as published by the Richmond Times Dispatch.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/DISABILITY/VET
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled