Long Island City, NY, United States
Clevel, Executive, Retail, 100k
The VP of Strategy & Business Development will be responsible for enterprise strategic initiatives and new business development with an emphasis on identifying white space opportunities in the market for Madewell and strategic project management and execution. The individual will partner with senior-level executives across the organization to develop a strategic roadmap for Madewell’s near and long-term growth agenda.
* Work closely with senior leaders and CEO to identify, analyze and evaluate strategies and initiatives that will result in significant top and bottom-line growth for Madewell.
* Work to ensure suitable tools and metrics exist to track and measure enterprise strategic initiatives.
* Identify white space opportunities that could create significant value for Madewell and present research and recommendations.
* Cross functional partnership with leadership team to work on ad-hoc projects as required, providing thought leadership and strategic input on business challenges.
* Share insights and analysis on trends and business performance.
* Engage with external business and industry experts as required to learn and influence business strategies, remaining forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the broader industry.
* Provide strong customer-focused, data driven approach to unlock new insights, drive innovation and create value.
* Own competitive and market positioning / scenario analysis.
* Must have a minimum of 10+years’ experience within a dynamic high performing organization.
* Experience in retail preferred.
* MBA from leading program preferred but not required.
* Demonstrated consumer and growth strategy experience.
* Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
* Experience working with C Level executives with the ability to present, recommend and influence.
* Ability to work collaboratively across functions to gain consensus on enterprise level strategic decisions.
* Excellent communication, multi-tasking, organizational and follow-up skills
* Proficient in PC applications including MS Word, Excel and Outlook Express
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
Website : https://www.jcrew.com/