VP CL Product Management
JOB ID #:9869
Full - Time
7 - 10 Years
Add to Job Cart
The Vice President - Product Management leads and manages the Commercial and Specialty Lines Product organization in support of overall business strategies.
This role includes development of new products, modifying existing products and maintenance of current products based upon financial results and customer acceptance. This leader will manage the implementation, administration and governance processes for all Commercial and Specialty Lines Products. This position, working with business leaders, will have ownership and responsibility for assessing market conditions and market intelligence and developing, recommending and executing strategic plans for new or enhanced insurance products for Commercial and Specialty lines of business, industry segments, and for ongoing product management to assist the businesses in delivering their business plans and objectives.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Responsible for the ownership and execution of the overall product vision for commercial and specialty lines of business
- Working in close collaboration with the business units, responsible for leading the development and implementation of complex product strategies for product lines across the commercial and specialty business.
- Manages insurance product strategy and oversees the development process, regulatory approval, and deployment of products to the market. Works with other functions or entities (e.g., underwriting, actuary, claims, legal, marketing, sales channels, etc.) in managing products, and in conjunction with the business units, has accountability for financial performance of products in applicable lines of business.
- Recommends policies to support the development and management of products, services, and/or new programs
- Utilizes market research data to identify, analyze, and evaluate markets, products, or services and their impact on Hanover
- Provides country-wide analysis, tracking and refinement of post-implementation product launches.
- Develops and manages Commercial and Specialty Lines product line to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives
- Monitor sales trends in each product line to evaluate the products relative competitiveness and assist in decisions involving product replacement, modification or re-launch.
- Sponsors, leads and manages delivery and administration system development efforts - includes direction of business process management, support of Technology partners, support of staff support (training assets, Claims, etc.) and support of other internal and external constituencies/vendors.
- Prioritizes (by consensus and through escalation processes) active and pending project inventory and communicates these priorities to internal constituents
- Collaborates with Commercial and Specialty Lines Leadership in determining strategic direction, evaluating tactical situations and formulating action plans in response to both.
- Manages communication and training efforts to ensure the successful implementation of new products and services.
- Supports the broad Business Insurance organization with product-related information and training.
- Manages key Product vendor relationships
- Working with Hanover Technology Group, Develop, implements and maintains competitive product platform. Identifies system needs to support short and long-term product strategy. Develops system requirements and ROI.
- Ownership of the development of short and long term strategic product plans in support of market, sales and profitability objectives.
- Participate in all aspects relating to developing and managing an assigned product line.
- Participates in and leads research and analysis of new product ideas and interprets results in support of business objectives.
- Works with senior management to evaluate the cost/benefit of market opportunities and new initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strategic Technology Planning - Knowledge of architecture/technology needs of the organization based on business priorities, strategies, goals, and economic viability. Critical analysis of business issues in the context of product design, delivery and performance.
- Strategic Partnering - Creates collaborative, productive partnerships with key stakeholders such as Business leaders, State Management, IT, Underwriting, Operations, Claims, Actuarial, Legal, Compliance, vendors and other key functions to establish strategies that will achieve overall company goals. Ability to integrate critical analysis with other functional leaders to plan for and help achieve Product strategies. Ability to work in a heavily matrixed organization to build consensus for business strategies.
- Process Management - Figures out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; simplifies complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Product and Service Knowledge - Must be able to consistently demonstrate exceptional business acumen and functional knowledge of product offerings, technologies, distribution channels and service strategies, as appropriate. Successfully apply this knowledge and experience to understand and resolve issues within a business unit and/or across the enterprise. Must demonstrate a high level of competitive intelligence and ability to easily articulate this insight.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in related field, 10 years plus insurance, financial services, underwriting or project management experience
- Experience with projects in multiple insurance lines of business
- Ability to understand and establish corporate strategic thinking and programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Influencing and Decision-Making Skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical skills
- High level of strategic thinking
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated In Depth product knowledge
- Excellent Vendor management skills
- Ability to foster high performance teams
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and work efficiently against deadlines. Must be able to support multiple assignments while remaining focused and organized.
- Ability to interact with Senior Level executives
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Detail Oriented
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that does not have a signed Employment Agency Agreement already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
Back to top