The Director of Emergency Services assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
* Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
* Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
* Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
* Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
* Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
* Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
* Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
* Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
* Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
* Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
* Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
* Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
* Is responsible for department's operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
* Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
* Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
* Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
* Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization's financial resources.
* Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
* Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
* Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by:
* Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
* Practicing and adhering to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
* Performing other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree Nursing
* Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field
* 3 years of experience in emergency services
* 3 years of experience in a leadership role
or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
* Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
* Basic Life Support (BLS)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
* Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
* Reference HCA LEADS