Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Senior Project Manager will support and lead strategic and tactical project initiatives to accomplish business goals and objectives related to Global Financial Crimes Compliance.
* Lead complex/critical projects with cross-functional global teams; may manage multiple projects simultaneously and may manage other project resources.
* Initiates and successfully leads projects from inception to completion
* Defines and develops the overall work plans to meet the project goals and objectives.
* Execute MUFG project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet project objectives.
* Use approved project management techniques to track progress against planned targets throughout the lifecycle of the project through formal change control discipline.
* Identify resource needs, directs the team and manages others and outside vendors as required.
* Ensure key project metrics are actively tracked, managed and met (SPI, CPI, etc.).
* Take action to obtain resolution of critical issues and escalate as necessary.
* Identify cross project dependencies and inter dependencies across people, process and technology and manages the required risk mitigation activities to those items.
* Negotiate resolutions to project barriers that threaten cost, schedule or project objectives.
* Develop and deliver management and strategic-related presentations as needed.
* Investigate and develop resolution of complex business or project issues, including analysis, solution facilitation and development, approval, management communication, and implementation.
* Provide feedback for process improvement, lessons learned, program enhancements, and strategic alignment with business or other programs.
* B.A. / B.S. degree is required.
* 10 or more years of experience with a minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience. Banking, Financial Services, or Compliance subject matter expertise and/or general technical skills are highly desirable.
* Manage resources both via matrix management.
* Aptitude to prioritize and analyze a list of measurable product or service
characteristics along with associated target values.
* Develop strategic goals and techniques for project and effectively
communicate this to all project team members.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are essential.
* Proven relationship and influence management skills.
* Ability to reach an audience and influence decision outcomes.
* Provide project recovery and turnaround activities for troubled projects.
* Willingness to travel: up to 10% annually.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.