Leap Solutions Group, Inc.
Leap Solutions is partnering with Community Foundation Sonoma County in their search for a Vice President of Finance and Business Operations to join their dynamic, dedicated and collaborative team. This position oversees all financial transactions, reports and audits; oversees grants management, including due diligence policies; establishes and maintains relationships with banks and investment managers; oversees personnel and benefits administration; oversees risk management program; purchases and maintains office technology; and oversees building maintenance/operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Finance. Ensures the availability of cash for operations, appropriate fund level accounting for all revenue and expenses, and prompt verification and payment of bills; manages budget preparation and management for operations and program; and ensures the secure and accurate deposit and investment of all revenues.
* Reporting. Oversees monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting to the Board of Directors; oversees the annual independent audit and the preparation of local, state and federal reports and filings; and prepares responses to external financial and institutional surveys.
* Grants Management. Ensures that grants are processed accurately and timely; designs and manages processes to ensure that due diligence procedures are complete and accurate.
* Investments. Assists the Investment Advisory Committee (IAC) in hiring, monitoring, and evaluating investment managers; manages investment transactions to maintain cash flows and rebalance investment portfolios; and manages periodic review of investment and spending policies.
* Personnel. Oversees personnel policy establishment/implementation and benefits policies/practices; assists the Human Resources Committee in setting a staff salary structure and annual merit pool comparable to community wage conditions; and advises the President & CEO on proposed improvements or changes that are needed to meet market conditions or comply with employment laws and regulations.
* Technology. Oversees the day-to-day operations of computer systems; develops technology-driven policies and procedures; manages working relationships with consultants, vendors, internal tech support staff, and end-users to ensure the effective functioning of the network and individual desktops; and assists staff in accessing relevant training.
* Risk Management. Establishes and oversees a multi-faceted risk management program, including purchase of appropriate insurance coverage for staff, volunteers, and property, maintenance of strong internal controls to prevent fraud, and management of decision processes to minimize risk.
* Office and Building Operations. Oversees the financial and physical location; oversees and controls the furnishing of all offices and public areas; establishes and oversees purchasing systems; and protects all capital property through insurance and service contracts.
Directly supervises three employees in the Finance and Administration Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommending hires, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies and Qualifications
A minimum of 10 years successful experience fund accounting and finance, with a preference in Community Foundation experience. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. CPA designation desired.
Other qualifications include:
* Strong internal and external customer service ethic
* Outstanding skills in financial administration, including fund accounting
* Excellent skills in the use of Windows 10, Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel), and accounting packages (integrated software preferred)
* Planning, analysis and evaluation skills
* Budget preparation and management experience
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
* Strong presentation skills, particularly in presenting budget/financial information
* Vendor management and contract negotiation skills
* Ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
* Strategic thinking with advanced project and quality management skills
* Leadership initiative with skills promoting creativity and innovation
* Strong familiarity with philanthropy and nonprofits
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to thrive and work accurately in fast-paced, changing environment
* Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality
* High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
* Ability to sit
* Hand and wrist dexterity needed to work on a computer
* Visual acuity
* Ability to travel locally
* Oral and written English proficiency
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Leap Solutions Group, Inc.