Barclays Bank PLC
VP Atlas Risk Global UI Lead','90138057','US-New York-1301 Ave of the Americas, New York, NY','Permanent/Regular','Permanent/Regular','12 Jan 2018','Ongoing','','','!*!About Barclays
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people.
About Barclays in the USBarclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Barclays EFS Solutions provide derivatives, structured products and strategic investments for clients worldwide. It is a vibrant and exciting business which is undergoing spectacular growth in terms of trading volumes, global coverage, the breadth of product coverage and the revenue it generates for the IB. EFS Solutions is Barclays’ dedicated cross-asset structured solutions provider. The team works with a range of clients and is a recognised global leader in constructing structured solutions for both sides of the balance sheet.
Our business is organised through three solutions-focussed pillars:
· Structured Solutions - EFS is one of the largest structured note issuers in the world, and a top provider of ETNs. We provide distinguished non-linear pay-offs and principal protected products.
· Investment Strategies - Barclays’ dedicated QIS team work alongside world renowned economists and thought leaders to develop and implement innovative investment strategies based on sound economic rationale.
· Strategic Derivatives - EFS provide bespoke strategies for institutional clients as well as assisting Corporate clients with structured financing and collateral solutions.
Each is supported by our global structuring team, focused on structuring and origination across Equity and Credit Products as well as supporting Barclays’ Macro businesses. EFS Sales operate as a solutions focused cross-asset distribution team. By operating in this manner we can seamlessly move between asset classes to construct tailored solutions for individual needs.
All our activities are based on a firm foundation of Liquidity, Risk and Capital Management (LRCM).
About Risk & Analytics Equity Technology
The Risk & Analytics Equity Technology team is responsible for the delivery of global front-to-back risk management solutions (Atlas Risk) for structured equity derivatives to a variety of functional areas covering the all businesses that trade equity derivatives including EFS, Prime and Credit. Stakeholders include Front Office, Market Risk, Product Control/Finance, Credit Risk, Operations and Regulatory Entities. Platform facilitates Intraday risk and P&L management for trading; End of Day flash; regulatory Risk and P&L downstreams; On Demand scenario analysis. IT teams are currently located in New York, London, Hong Kong and Pune.
Currently, the main focus of the team is to transform our technology infrastructure to build state of the art solution for equity derivatives risk management, in line with the bank's strategic initiatives. The main focus of the role is to globally lead Atlas Risk UI development with extensive hands-on development work. To devise & deliver UI strategies/solutions, the developer will heavily engage with all stakeholders including Front Office Trading, Market Risk, Product Control/Finance and Operations from various business areas.
· Develop and maintain application and solutions for the EFS desk, GFRM, and Product Control functions
· Interact with Front Office Trading, Market Risk, Product Control/Finance and Operations clients as well as team members from the wider EFS IT teams to scope and quickly deliver UI solutions
· Innovate and drive key architectural decisions to deliver the EFS Atlas Risk IT strategy
· Develop collaborative business relationships and coordination with multiple technology teams
· Ability to adapt to and explore new technologies
Person Specification – Basic Qualifications
· Education: Master’s or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
· 9 years of software design and development throughout SDLC
· 9 years of .NET/C# hands-on experience
· 5 years of knowledge in databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL)
· 5 years of experience with building service oriented architectures
· 2 years of having knowledge of core Java (Generics, Collections, Multi-threading, I/O) and Object Oriented design
· 2 years of in-memory distributed data grid/caching technology like Coherence
Person Specification – Other Desirable Skills
· Knowledge of Equity derivatives
· Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives
· Knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#)
· Technical proficiency demonstrated through a deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving
· Being comfortable with facing off directly to the business.
· Being comfortable with rapidly changing priorities and long as well as short term projects.
· Being comfortable learning new languages
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
','','','','','VP Atlas Risk Global UI Lead
Barclays Bank PLC
Website : http://www.barclays.co.uk/
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive international presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs 147,500 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.