VP Client Services
The Vice President Client Services will act as a key marketing point of contact for a major retail customer. The VP is responsible for establishing a vision for delivering client service excellence and leadership to a key account. This position requires a true leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, a love for working closely with clients, and the ability to champion the business' work, culture, and values. This role develops a short and long term strategic roadmap to create value and business outcomes for our clients and customer, as well as manage a cross functional team to achieve revenue expansion through renewal and upsell.
* Co-Lead the development of strategic plans with our retail client to deliver a total in-store brand experience with measurable results
* Participate in new business with clients and provide leadership and strategic direction on new business presentations
* Enhance agency reputation for in-store experience marketing through thought leadership
* Collaborate with other senior agency team members on the development of strategic plans
* 8 years of experience in Marketing in a leadership role involving the management of client services to a key account in an agency or as a corporate marketing executive at a CPG brand
* Knowledge of creative, digital media & technology and experience working with and leading subject matter experts in each
* Ability to sell the agency, ideas, your direction
* Must be both strategic and hands-on, have a strong management sensibility and be 100% committed to delivering work that stays on-objective, matching up to client challenges seamlessly
Advantage Solutions is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management, and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The VP Client Services is responsible for overseeing the P&L and managing the business operations function globally within the organization. Leads a team who manages a single or multiple large clients as well as functional teams focused on managing client results, contracts, pricing, profitability and overall execution of program goals. Pivotal role in the design and management of client programs/contracts at retail chains nationwide.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Retain and grow client relationship
* Strategize and drive formal client program reviews; manage to all client/contract expectations
* Oversee and drive for timely, accurate and efficient client reporting that offers ROI and field marketing intelligence that is valuable to clients
* Develop and manage client P&L versus budget; manage client revenue and gross margin forecasts; identify, plan and budget headcount and expenses required to meet growth plans.
* Oversee Client Sales team (Sales leader and AE's), as well as dedicated Account Services team (if applicable) to ensure that client business plans are executed
* Set expectations and interface closely with all stakeholders on the Executive Leadership Team on performance against execution goals
* Set up and manage to service level agreements among the departments
* Build processes and infrastructure to enable scalable, profitable growth
* Oversee management of staff priorities, workload balancing/utilization, employee recognition/rewards and routine staff professional development to keep turnover at a minimum and staff morale high
* Develop and implement business operating plans which formally identify additional business opportunities and specific ways to strengthen our service delivery with our clients.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 25%
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
* 10 years of experience in sales and marketing, consumer packaged goods, or food brokerage organization
* 5-10 years successfully managing a P&L, budgeting and forecasting and managing client expectations either personally or through a team
* Experience working with Vice President or Sales level and above positions
* Experience in Brand Management, Customer Management, Category Management and Shopper Marketing a plus
* Previous experience with managing 10 direct reports; reporting directly to VP or C-level executive
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Ability to make oral presentations
* Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent customer service orientation
* Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
* Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
* Analytical and research Skills
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66% each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.