The Vice President Human Resources will lead the field HR functions for Penske Logistics’ U.S. based Operations encompassing more than 370 locations and 10,000 associates. This individual will partner with Region and Area HR and operations leadership to ensure all field HR goals and objectives are aligned with business goals. This will entail effectively planning and executing recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of new business start-ups and existing business; working with HR and operations to build and sustain an engaging and inclusive work environment; and ensuring that all policies, practices, and actions of the company and associates comply with all applicable provisions of Federal, State and local laws.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Penske Logistics and will be a member of the Penske Truck Leasing/Penske Logistics HR Leadership Team. This role will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Green Hills, PA. Four U.S. based Field HR Directors will report to this individual.
The successful candidate will be an ethical HR leader that leads with confidence, credibility and transparency. This individual must be able to demonstrate that she/he can provide strategic solutions to field HR issues while also being capable of resolving day-to-day HR challenges.
• Recruit, hire, develop and lead a professionally competent, high performing HR team.
• Lead the talent management and development processes in the field, ensuring that all field HR team members are using available development tools and resources to elevate the level of talent in their Area.
• Engage with the Labor Relations team to ensure HR support for labor negotiations and positive associate relations activity.
• Create efficiencies and continuously seek to improve Penske’s HR processes and practices to ensure HR is providing a high level of support across the business.
• Lead the Field HR review for new business/acquisition opportunities and make recommendations regarding their viability and implementation.
• Effectively manage/allocate field HR resources to ensure all new business start-ups and shutdowns are appropriately supported and executed.
• Coordinate HR investigations to ensure all associate concerns and issues are effectively researched, investigated and resolved.
• Champion the administration and response planning for the Biannual Associate Survey.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Strong leadership skills and equally strong business acumen
• Highly competent in all HR functions
• Results and people oriented but must have sound judgement; capable of balancing business and associate considerations
• Strategic, with the ability to diagnose organizational opportunities and issues and then develop an appropriate plan to address
• Capable of delivering executive level written and verbal communications and presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully drive enterprise-wide initiatives.
• Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment with a focus on delivering projected results
• Strong conceptual / systems thinking ability. Able to recognize patterns, trends and connections to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
• Ability to travel 60 - 70%
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related area of study required; Masters preferred.
• 8 years multi-site field HR experience required; 5 years Director level experience preferred.
• Functional expertise in recruiting and associate relations necessary; strong generalist level experience in labor relations, compensation, benefits and talent development required.
• Experience overcoming difficult recruiting challenges; high volume, difficult to recruit roles.
• Proven experience hiring, developing and leading HR professionals
• Prior experience with acquisitions, new business start-ups (greenfield and associate transitions)
• Experience leading HR regulatory and legal compliance activity
• Willingness to travel, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit **** to learn more.
100 Kachel Boulevard Reading, PA