Jewish Vocational Service (JVS
Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) is a nonprofit, community-based health and human service organization annually delivering a wide array of personalized services to nearly 10,000 individuals throughout New Jersey.
Founded in 1939, our history and values compel us to meet the particular needs of Jewish individuals and families, and to provide services to vulnerable people of all races, religions and ethnic backgrounds. JVS employs a staff of seventy-five, with headquarters in Livingston, and a program campus in East Orange.
The Executive Director provides overall management, planning, execution and leadership for all aspects of the organization including effective programs/services, diversified revenue and fundraising portfolio, donor stewardship, board/staff development and finance and budget management.
The Executive Director is responsible for positioning JVS as a leader in human services in New Jersey and establishing effective partnerships and collaborations with corporations, foundations, community/corporate leaders, government officials, other community organizations/nonprofits,
• Work with board of directors, community partners, government agencies and staff to build and implement JVS’s strategic plan.
• Actively create and maintain strategic partnerships for JVS.
• Lead fundraising initiatives to reach budgeted goals through cultivating individual donor relationships, foundation grants and government contracts.
• Model leadership competencies to staff. Set high goals for personal and team accomplishments; meet or exceed goals while seeking continuous improvement.
• Serve as the primary external face of the organization and engage media across all platforms.
• A proven track record of significantly growing an organization by setting the vision and strategy and delivering results.
• Strong personal leadership, excellent leadership and influence skills, commercial acumen, and the ability to deliver tangible results.
• Strong development experience with proven success securing and managing foundation grants, government contracts, individual donations, and corporate sponsorships.
• Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, and manage talented and committed staff.
• Experience working on or with a nonprofit board of directors.
• Demonstrated experience in human services.
• Strong commitment to JVS’s mission and values.
• Master’s degree required.
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full-time, salaried position and compensation will be based on experience. Benefits include vacation, health care coverage, dental, and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates can submit resumes and letters of interest, which should include salary expectations to
Jewish Vocational Service (JVS)
Interested candidates can submit resumes and letters of interest, which should include salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip: