Rusk Rehabilitation Center
A joint Venture of HealthSouth and the Universityof Missouri – Columbia
Haveyou considered growing your nursing career? If so, this may be the position for you. Rusk Rehabilitation Hospital is now hiring Associate Chief NursingOfficer
RuskRehabilitation Center is a 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offerscomprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients toleading active and independent lives.
Our Developing Future CNO program isdesigned to prepare leaders who aspire to be the chief nursing officer of ahospital. Program members learn through experience and mentorship how to leadsignificant improvements in the hospital's nursing outcomes. Upon successfulcompletion of the program, Associate CNOs would apply to any open CNOopportunities across our national footprint.
The AssociateChief Nursing Officer position is a 12-18 month hospitalCNO-in-training assignment. The Associate CNO is responsible for developing anddemonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CNO while leadingsignificant and successful improvements in the hospital's nursing outcomes. TheAssociate CNO reports to the hospital's CNO, is a member of the hospital'ssenior leadership team, and manages others - with progressively increasingresponsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs. The AssociateCNO is expected to complete the Developing Future CNOs program curriculum andother tasks as assigned.
Job Code: 101105
License or Certification:
* Current RN licensureappropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
* BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
* CRRN certification to beobtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for theexamination.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
* Masters of Science inNursing or related field (preferred, with an expectation of earning within 5years of placement as a CNO).
* Bachelors of Science inNursing, unless higher degree required by state.
* Required: Five years ofnursing experience.
* Required: Three years ofexperience in an inpatient hospital setting.
* Required: Two years ofrecent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience withresponsibilities including: 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy,procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
* Required: Relocation aftercompletion of program to hospital with open position
Address: 315 Business Loop 70 West, Columbia 65203
Job ID: 1812503