Corporate CIO Treasury - Execution Middle Office - Associate','180040000','!*!
The Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) is responsible for Firm-wide asset and liability management, including:
· Aggregating and managing the interest rate risk of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through a ~$300 billion global investment securities portfolio.
· Managing the firm’s funding and liabilities through ~$250 billion in long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing nearly $400 billion of short term cash deployment activities.
· Aggregating and managing the firm’s liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements.
· Aggregating and managing the firm’s structural foreign exchange risk.
· Risk managing Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) on behalf of the Mortgage Bank.
· Managing the ~$14 billion company-sponsored retirement plan.
Because it sits at the very center of the firm, T/CIO directly influences the composition of the Firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of its four main lines of business: Asset Management (AM), Commercial Banking (CB), Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) and Consumer & Community Banking (CCB).
The Execution Middle Office provides transaction analysis, P&L and risk, and project support to the T/CIO desks which execute transactions and manage resulting positions. You will participate in the effort to ensure the business’s dynamic environment is well supported and properly controlled. Due to the constant evolution of business and regulatory initiatives, your role will necessitate your involvement in daily processes as well as special projects. You will work closely with Portfolio Managers to fully understand business drivers and support requirements, as well as colleagues within settlement, financial control, market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and technology.
A qualified candidate will possess a financial mindset, an appreciation for complex system flows and the controls necessary to ensure their accuracy, an aptitude for root/cause analysis, and an overriding eagerness to exhibit leadership and drive.
· Keenly understand all key processes supporting daily reporting of book: P&L calculations, risk models, end of day mark sources, and data flow from trade capture through centralized Firm-wide aggregrators.
· Utilizing disparate data sources and a centralized data warehouse, review, understand, explain and report day-over-day move in position, risk and P&L.
· Provide relevant analyses and commentary to portfolio manager(s) in order to facilitate their daily book(s) review and sign-off.
· In close association with colleagues across the Firm, utilize reconciliation tools and other control procedures to identify and resolve trade/position/risk/P&L discrepancies in a timely manner. Escalate issues as necessary and distill key messages for management consumption.
· Develop and maintain key metrics to indicate health of individual processes.
· Prepare ad hoc analyses to provide historical context, support business arguments, and/or ensure accuracy of results.
· Participate in the identification or development of technology to support new business flows.
· Generate test cases and execute user acceptance testing to ensure new technology delivers and functions as expected.
· In support of business initiatives, participate in global working groups with colleagues from other disciples or other regions. Deliver substantive and meaningful contribution to group’s work product.
· Build and maintain strong business, operations and technology relationships.
· Develop written procedures covering all aspects of required business as usual tasks.
· Participate in cross-functional training to ensure adequate coverage.
','!*!· Strong analytical skills to understand a diverse set of sophisticated cross-asset products and complex end-to-end workflow
· Detail-oriented with a strong control mindset and experience in reconciliation across multiple systems
· Keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving
· Effective organization and communication skills
· Ability to multi-task & prioritize in a fast-paced environment
· Strong interest in process improvement, automation, and system enhancement
· Base of general financial instrument product knowledge
· Advanced Excel skills required
· MS PowerPoint proficiency a plus
','JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.','Finance','US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317','','CORPORATE SECTOR','Full-time','Standard','Day Job','','JPMorgan Chase & Co.','JPMorgan Chase & Co.','','','Corporate CIO Treasury - Execution Middle Office - Associate