Partner with the Executive Team to design, implement and drive best-in-class strategy in support of the company mission statement. Provide guidance and leadership to ensure Mission, Vision, and Value (MVV) objectives are integrated into all aspects of organizational development. Review and upgrade where appropriate all internal HR systems, processes and staff to maximize human capital opportunity as well as customer satisfaction. Working through HR and payroll staff, develop, guide and manage the Human Resources services, policies and programs for CalOptima including recruitment and staffing, performance management, employee and leadership development, HR regulatory compliance, employee orientation, policy development and documentation, employee relations, employee communication, compensation and benefits administration, employee activities and events, and employee wellness and health. Establish and maintain business partner relationships with the Executive Team and departmental management to foster, implement and drive a state-of-the-art working environment, ensuring employee satisfaction as well as culture based on high work ethics, integrity and customer satisfaction.
* Drive HR strategy to ensure optimal performance in support of company strategy.
* Maintain understanding of county, state and federal laws as they pertain to organizational compliance and both short and long-term strategy.
* Create HR metrics and drive HR excellence through meeting and exceeding goals as they relate to cost reduction, CalOptima culture and employee excellence.
* Foster business partner relationships with CalOptima leaders to support direction and contribute to short and long-term strategy.
* Lead the planning and budgeting for Human Resource to accommodate business objectives and drive cost.
* Create bench strength analysis and support leadership in bi-annual exercise in succession planning.
* Review, analyze update and initiate process improvement for compensation, payroll, benefits, HRIS, recruiting and compliance where appropriate.
* Working in alliance with leadership, foster a culture of strong work ethic and integrity.
* Develop and implement Human Resources policies and procedures and ensure compliance with applicable legal provisions. Assist management in informing staff and enforcing these provisions.
* Develop and implement benefit and compensation short and long-term strategies that ensure support of company culture and alignment with government regulations.
* Educate and provide transparency as appropriate to all levels of the organization to foster and support an environment of trust and security.
* Ensure proper recruitment and selection procedures and training to maintain an effective workforce and to ensure equal opportunity and cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Create a team to review compensation philosophy, participate and analyze salary surveys of significance to the organization.
* Enhance HR team to drive, analyze, update and train on the performance review process as it supports the MVV.
* Review, audit and update HRIS systems to ensure 100% compliance, delivery and accuracy.
* Implement effective training programs that encourage retention, growth and opportunity.
* Support HR staff to understand and manage employee relations issues, including discipline, grievances, or meeting and conferring on issues related to employment with CalOptima.
* Provide coaching for individual leaders to improve their leadership competency. Network with a variety of vendors, professional organizations, and thought leaders to stay abreast of tools, resources, and products that heighten the level of talent development within the company.
* Work with leadership to drive the employee opinion survey process including administration, analysis, reporting and improvement activities.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
* Intellectual horsepower, sound judgment; base decisions on statutory, regulatory, and/or agency policy where it exists; is comfortable explaining their position.
* Strong at process management to ensure consistent application.
* Instill trust and respect at all levels of the organization.
* Provide leadership and management.
* Display strength as a change agent and visionary.
* Foster and exhibit business partner relationships with all leadership members.Resolve conflicts and calm others as necessary.
* Supervise and manage employees and assist others in doing so.
* Plan and coordinate effective training programs and workshops.
* Deliver effective presentations on a variety of subjects to audiences of all sizes and of differing backgrounds.
* Interact effectively and influentially with various individuals and groups across the business.
* Advise senior leaders as a business partner.
* Manage multiple complex projects with varying customer requirements.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Analyze data and prepare reports.
* Think strategically to align development efforts with business needs.
* Provide leadership and direction to the HR team.
* Continually share MVV as well as HR strategy to drive direction.
Experience & Education:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university is required.
* Master's degree from an accredited university is highly desirable.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role for an organization with at least 500 employees.
* Experience in administering organizational statutory and regulatory mandated requirements.
* Experience presenting to a Board of Directors and articulating short- and long-term goals and strategies is preferred.
* Public agency experience is highly preferred.
* Effective communication and training techniques.
* Effective personnel management principles related to recruitment, selection, employee relations, classification, compensation, HRIS and retirement programs.
* Laws pertaining to employment, such as equal opportunity, workers' compensation, fair employment, disabilities accommodations, discrimination, harassment and environment.
* Staffing and positions utilized in the health care field, particularly in a managed care organization.
* Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
* Resources available to meet training needs and techniques for evaluating and assessing ability to perform.
* Strength in strategy, team work, short and long-term planning, team building.
Job LocationOrange, California, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular