$0.00 - $160,000.00 /Year
VP of Underwriter - (Commercial)
Major financial institution is seeking a VP of underwriting to join their underwriting team. The role of this individual will be dynamic. They will be responsible for managing the underwriting process from the time a term sheet is received until the loan is approved by the Executive Loan Committee and closed by legal. Loans are secured by commercial real estate, residential pools of loans, or loan on loan and are typically first mortgage liens, revolving lines of credits or REPO’s. The underwriter will be responsible for collecting due diligence, evaluating and understanding the real property, the market, the borrower, the business plan and the financing structure.
Specific functions include:
• Create, analyze and evaluate cash flow models using both Excel and Argus.
• Perform market research and develop a view on its impact on a proposed transaction (including propertyand demographic research). Manage due diligence information required for the underwriting and credit process, (maintaining due diligence checklist and inventory/organize into appropriate file structure).
• Manage third parties for appraisal, environmental and engineering and coordinate site inspections and review reports.
• Identify risks and recommend mitigants.
• Prepare detailed credit memorandums for senior management.
• 3 years minimum related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, real estate or finance advance degree preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, make credit recommendations
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Must have strong and current excel modeling skills, plus Argus
• Self-starter, ability to produce and form conclusions without consistent supervision
The starting salary for this position is up to 160K Base with excellent benefits and bonus.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in New York. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process