Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America
VP – User Experience
Cambridge, MA, 02238, USA
Merrill Lynch Global Wealth and Retirement Services (“GWRS”) provides a comprehensive set of investment products and services, as well as retirement solutions, to the company’s clients and financial advisors globally. GWRS provides the products, tools and content that enables our advisors to help their clients meet their goals while building lasting, productive relationships.
We’re looking for an experienced and accomplished User Experience Manager that will help establish Merrill Lynch as one of the most creative, innovative and meaningful brands in employer benefits and financial wellness market. This individual requires a laser-like customer focus, a data-driven approach to design, and awareness of current and best practices for mobile and online UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to drive design solutions with minimal direction. The successful candidate will lead and expand our internal creative team of designers, researchers and copywriters, and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements, conduct UX surveys, prepare and demonstrate high fidelity storyboard and interface prototypes. This individual will establish the design strategy that deliver exceptionally delightful user experience across web and mobile platforms, and all communications, with a unified design and voice for the Merrill Lynch brand.
• Provide overall leadership for user experience aspects of the platform including information architecture, user journeys, content, visual design, and overall usability
• Provide expertise and mentorship to all phases of UX which includes scoping design projects, choosing proper user research tactics, discovering underlying user needs, creating prototypes or giving detailed critiques of design and copy
• Produce full hands-on design work as needed, and manage UX design assets including our pattern library, journey maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within the context of an established enterprise design strategy
• Build, manage, and develop a team of talented designers, researchers and copywriters
• Work closely with the product and development team in an agile SCRUM environment, communicating design requirements, reviewing prototypes, and championing delightful UX in face of technical and budgetary constraints
• Think critically and innovatively about how best to achieve our mission, online and offline, and advocate relentlessly for better ways to do it
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction or equivalent
• 8 years of experience in UX/product design for a high quality web or mobile application
• 3 years as manager of small to medium size multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience in hiring, managing and inspiring a team
• A strong portfolio of work that shows your UX track record of high quality solutions that demonstrate difficult UX problems and simplify difficult business process to intuitive interfaces
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Experience working within agile development methodologies
• Collaboration with technical teams to ensure designs work within enterprise frameworks
• Familiarity with user experience patterns across iOS and Android platforms, and responsive frameworks
• Outstanding verbal and written communications and presentation skills
• Deeply curious, empathetic, and passionate about uncovering user insights with a relentless desire for innovation
**Posting Date** : 03/01/2018
Boston, MA, 225 FRANKLIN ST (MA1225),
Cambridge, MA, HARVARD SQUARE BC, 1414 Massachusetts Ave,
Wellesley Hills, MA, WELLESLEY OFFICE PARK, 45 WILLIAM ST,
- United States
**Travel** : No
**Full / Part-time** : Full time
**Hours Per Week** : 40
**Shift** : 1st shift
**Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities**
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
**Diversity & Inclusion**
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
**Frequently Asked Questions**
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Corporation
Website : http://www.bankofamerica.com
Bank of America Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial products and services for individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, institutional investors, corporations, and governments in the United States and internationally. The companys Consumer & Business Banking segment offers traditional and money market savings accounts, CDs and IRAs, checking accounts, and investment accounts and products, as well as credit and debit cards; and lending related products and services, working capital management, and treasury solutions. This segment provides its products and services through operating 5,100 banking centers, 16,300 ATMs, call centers, and online and mobile banking platforms. Its Consumer Real Estate Services segment offers consumer real estate products comprising fixed and adjustable-rate first-lien mortgage loans for home purchase and refinancing needs, home equity lines of credit, and home equity loans. The companys Global Wealth & Investment Management segment provides investment and brokerage, estate and financial planning, fiduciary portfolio management, cash and liability management, and specialty asset management services; and retirement and benefit plan, philanthropic management, and asset management services. Its Global Banking segment provides various commercial loans, leases, commitment facilities, trade finance, real estate and asset-based loans, and consumer loans; treasury management, foreign exchange, and short-term investing options; and debt and equity underwriting and distribution, and merger-related and other advisory services. The companys Global Markets segment offers sales and trading services for securities and derivative products in primary and secondary markets; market-making, financing, securities clearing, settlement, and custody services to institutional investor clients; and risk management products. The company was founded in 1874 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.