Moody s Corporation
The Role / Responsibilities:
This is a challenging role where you will provide insightful credit analysis, publish thought leading research, and represent the company in a variety of external venues.
You will be a lead analyst responsible for research and analysis for new ratings as well as monitoring of a specific portfolio of highly complex higher education and not-for-profit organization ratings. Responsibilities include: quantitative and qualitative analysis of credit quality, including an assessment of operating, financial, regulatory, governance and management risks. Financial analysis notably includes liquidity, debt and other long-term obligations, historical financial performance and the assessment of future debt repayment abilities.
You will be responsible for publishing high quality research on individual bond issues as well as on industry events that affect credit and sector trends; developing in-depth knowledge of the specific regions and states in which portfolio credits operate; building relationships with investors, issuers and their intermediaries; and managing key strategic internal and external relationships. Additionally, you will train and develop junior members of the team and serve as a resource for these members. You will also work with other rating teams, such as healthcare, housing, and state and local governments to ensure rating consistency and support cross-sector and cross-team analytical standards.
Key responsibilities include:
* Maintain an in-depth understanding of not only the sector, but also the broader public finance market.
* Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of large and highly complex higher education and not-for-profit issuers
* Present in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis to rating committees and other internal analytical meetings to assign and maintain credit ratings.
* Write high quality research on individual issuers as well as on credit trends and other topical issues.
* Lead regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conference participations and other third party events.
* Maintain high profile relationships with issuers, investors and intermediaries.
* Train and mentor junior analysts.
* Collaborate across lines of business to share analytical and process best practices.
Job Req ID 12125BRtext
Line of Business Public Proj & Infrastr Fin (PPIF)text
Securities Trading Policy (STP) Candidates for Moodys Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodys Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Entity Moodys Investors Service (MIS)text
Posting Title Vice President/Senior Analysttext
EEO Policy Moodys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodys also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email *************************.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
City New York multi-select
* Substantial experience of credit analysis or related experience, particularly in the higher education, not-for-profit or healthcare sectors.
* Knowledge of, or experience working with, academic medical centers preferred.
* In-depth understanding of accounting, investment management, and financial analysis.
* Strong knowledge of the municipal debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets.
* Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
* Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
* Masters degree, such as an MBA or MPA , in a related area strongly preferred.
Working at Moodys Moodys is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moodys Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moodys Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moodys Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at **************.
The Department / Team
Moodys Global Higher Education and Not-For-Profit Ratings Team is part of Moodys Public Finance Group and is responsible for rating colleges and universities, not-for-profit organization and independent schools, both in the US and increasingly globally.
Graduate Position Experienced Hiresingle-select
Job Category Credit Analysis & Research single-select
Job Sub Category Credit Rating Analysts single-select
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Moody s Corporation