$175,000.00 - $210,000.00 /Yea
Vice President of Human Resources
$175-210k plus 40% bonus & LTI
Sioux City, Iowa – Relocation assistance provided
Our client has engaged
Bell & Associates
to assist them in finding their next Vice President of Human Resources.
Headquartered in Sioux City, IA, the new state-of-the-art plant commenced operation in 2017 and will generate over $1.6 billion in annual revenues and employ over 2,700 full-time personnel once fully operational.
The products sold out of the plant will be in both export and domestic channels as well as many food service accounts.
Our client is looking for a seasoned, executive level leader who possesses professional human resources experience and judgement capable of leading, managing and directing all Human Resources functions for a start operation and ongoing business.
This function includes the development, implementation and coordination of appropriate policies, processes and procedures that will provide the organization with the best and most productive talent available while maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements.
This position is responsible for recruitment, labor relations, orientation and ongoing training and development, employee retention, employee benefits, health services, work comp case management, internal communications programs and community relations.
The incumbent will also ensure adherence to all applicable laws, regulations and administrative rulings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop organization strategies for human resources in line with Company objectives. Implement those strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, regulatory compliance, and labor relations.
• Determine and recommend policies, best practices, communications or courses of action to establish positive employer-employee relationships, while promoting a high level of employee morale within a diverse, multicultural environment.
• Provide leadership to management and employees relative to recruiting, orientation, development, and general employee relations.
• Identify and manage legal and governmental reporting regulations and requirements affecting the Human Resources function (i.e., OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage & Hour, etc.)
• Manage situations involving policies, rules or regulations, which need clarity, interpretation and/or judgment.
Develop and implement solutions to personnel and labor relations issues affecting the Company to mitigate legal and compliance-related risks.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact new programs/strategies and regulatory actions that may affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources
• Develop staffing strategies and implement those plans and programs to identify talent both within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
• Work in consultation with the COO and the executive team on wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisals, employee benefit programs and services to provide appropriate motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
• Direct a process of organizational assessment and development to address succession planning.
• Work with senior management on selection and coordination of Human Resources consultants, including insurance brokers, insurance carriers, training specialists and other outside sources.
• Administer and enhance of all Human Resources policies and programs.
• Maintain a working knowledge of industry policies, practices and trends to ensure the Company remains competitive with its peers as appropriate
• Continually assess the competitiveness of all current programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies and industries
• Act as primary contact with labor counsel and relevant outside government agencies related to human resources, including EEOC and related matters.
• Manage related areas such as leave management, employee training, communication, and community relations.
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Provide leadership on employee discipline situations, employment practices, and policy interpretation.
Coordinate and participate with plant supervision in disciplinary or termination proceedings involving individuals.
• Assures that company labor relations, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws, including the maintenance of necessary files, etc.
• Manage all aspects of labor relations with Union representatives at the UFCW
• Oversees preparation for and appropriate representation of the company in labor grievances and arbitrations.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and departments
• Provide management and oversight for the internal health services functions that support employee welfare and workers compensation administration functions.
• Oversee leave management administration to ensure regulatory compliance and staffing related impacts.
• Provide counsel and input to in investment and strategic partners on all human resources matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrated leadership, judgement, interpersonal and collaboration skills including strong verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills required.
• Efficient time management, planning and organizational skills including ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks.
• Masters' degree or equivalent preferred
• 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible experience
• Prior specific industry experience or relevant manufacturing experience working with Labor Unions, Collective Bargaining agreements beneficial
• Prior experience with employment litigation or regulatory matters preferred
• Excellent business judgement and demonstrated proficiency in organizational, analytical, conceptual and problem solving and executive presentation skills.
• Superior service responsiveness and rapid follow-up
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members
• Must be computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) capable of assimilate, analyze data and results and deliver effective presentations.
• Fluent in English but multiple language skills helpful.
• Must be a detail-oriented, effective performer, who can operate within strict time lines and adapt to a fast-paced multi-task environment. Must be self-motivated, committed to performing quality work and able to work within a team environment
Bell & Associates, Inc. was recently recognized by Forbes list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in America -
****BETTER TALENT. BETTER OPPORTUNITY. FIND IT HERE.
Bell & Associates, Inc. is a recognized Executive Recruiting & Staffing leader based in Kansas City. We focus and specialize in the following practice areas - Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Executive Leadership, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Operations Management.
We provide top talent to our clients on a Direct Hire, Contract, and Contract-to-Hire basis.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Sioux City. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process