The VP Director oversees a team of professionals in the conception and delivery of innovative, well-targeted, business-building marketing solutions across a variety of media. This involves the creation, execution and maintenance of marketing plans, unearthing insights to inform the development of plans, and flawless execution on all fronts
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Relationship Management/Strategy Lead for Brand Pillar
• Act as Trusted Business Advisor for client brand teams and national and local media managers by developing a deep understanding of the client’s business, of how media helps drive and impacts the client’s business results, and how to work with client’s other partner agencies in a collaborative fashion in order to help drive value
• Lead seat for client’s IMC process. Media is “lead” agency for the first two of three phases of the IMC process, and therefore media ensures that consumer insights and understanding lead decision-making and that the right moments of consumer receptivity help guide plan IMC development
• Help build the culture of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. both externally with clients and internally within the team by being a team leader who contributes to the agency vision, mission, and Guiding Principles
Innovation and Growth
• Measurably expands utilization of digital, analytics and human experience creation capabilities in assigned key account or suite of accounts year over year
• Continuously surveys pulse of client and client industry needs to prompt and feed innovative ideas/solutions to internal digital, analytics and human experience creation leads
• Builds and hones deep and trusting relationships with decision makers/influencers at assigned clients to foster new business and/or scope opportunities
• Provides constructive and executable feedback regarding company product to SMEs to drive overall improvements in product quality and identify/influence new product/capability development
• Proactively ideates with team and colleagues to produce novel (award-worthy) solutions for clients.
• May participate in new business pitches as required
Talent Capability /Acquisition and Development
• Drives continual evolution of high performance culture through active networking with prospective candidates, performance management and employee engagement
• Actively participates in critical assessment of assigned talent at all levels and insures developmental plans and feedback in place to support motivation, retention of high performance team and manage succession. Actively manages poor performance issues.
• Seeks opportunities to stay up-to-date on technology, tools, techniques, communication software, social media and self-awareness
• Champions cultural attributes and continuously strives for diversity and inclusivity of talent to foster healthy culture and broad perspectives in our human experience deliverables for clients
• Continuously assesses and challenges company positioning and strategy, and relevance to clients to maintain competitive edge
• Effectively manages cross-functional initiatives and relationships and champions SME integration into team
Business Acumen and Fiscal Responsibility
• Builds/develops financial acumen of team
• Models and coaches team how to effectively manage and influence clients to solutions that best meet client’s business need and are aligned with our capabilities to effectively and efficiently deliver.
• 10 years of relevant experience for VP level with progressive levels of responsibility and business acumen in marketing and communications, team management and P&L management
• Must have online and offline media experience. Offline experience will be TV and Print. Online experience will consist of Display, Search, Social, and Mobile.
• Demonstrated ability to establish high levels of trust and credibility internally and externally and influence others to action
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills – effectively presents formal POV internally and externally
• Strong leadership skills and general management orientation
• Critical assessor of talent – builds and motivates high performing teams
• Demonstrated critical thinking skill and strong problem-solving skills – navigates effectively through difficult issues, builds required consensus to drive business needs and results
• High results orientation and able to effectively juggle and prioritize many competing demands – high tolerance to effectively manage change
• Able to establish and manage to P&L statement
• Team oriented – approachable and viewed as coach and mentor to others
• Bachelors degree (Masters preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experience required: Executive
You may click here
to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.
View More **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Jobs