Lawton, OK, United States
Healthcare, Nursing, Clevel, Executive, Manager, 100k
Jun 24, 2022
Oct 07, 2022
Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) at Southwestern Medical Center','7410-5930','OmniPoint Surgical Assoc, LLC','!*!Southwestern Medical Center is seeking a Chief Nursing Officer. Southwestern Medical Center located in Lawton, Oklahoma, is a part of ScionHealth healthcare network. Southwestern Medical Center provides a comprehensive range of medical services and high quality care. We are a forward thinking, innovative hospital where trust, teamwork and technology come together to make a positive difference in the health of our community and region. Our accreditation by The Joint Commission powerfully demonstrates our commitment to meet the highest national standards for quality and safety. The Chief Nursing Officer has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
· Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
· Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
· Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
· Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
· Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
· Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
· Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
· Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
· Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
· Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
· Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
· Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
· Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
· Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
· Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
· Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
· Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
· Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
· Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
· Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
· Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
· Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and the public.
LifePoint Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
LifePoint Health and all of our facilities are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This job description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities above are the only ones being performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
','Please select a valid job field','Oklahoma-Lawton','','Full-time','Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only','Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only','Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) at Southwestern Medical Center
Website : http://www.lifepointhospitals.com