Delta Dental of Michigan
Establishes and oversees the legal, regulatory, and compliance activities of Delta Dental of Michigan (DDMI) and its affiliates and subsidiaries as assigned.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Leads, develops, and oversees the management and non-management team responsible for the daily activities of the Legal and Compliance business unit.
2. Establishes objectives, defines strategies, and develops and communicates action plans in order to ensure the achievement of business unit and corporate goals.
3. Leads and oversees all legal, regulatory, and compliance services, activities, requirements, inquiries, actions, developments, litigation, administration and other matters of significance, including the formation, merger, sale, reorganization, or acquisition of corporate entities and affiliations with other companies.
4. Approves and monitors the annual budget for the Legal and Compliance department.
5. Ensures accountability for accomplishment of goals and objectives.
6. Oversees the management and non-management team responsible for the operational administration of the corporate compliance program for federally-funded and related federally-regulated business, including Medicaid, Medicare, and Affordable Care Act requirements.
7. Keeps abreast of economic and industry trends, government actions, and other external influences affecting the organization in general or functional area in particular, and develops, recommends, and executes action plans in response.
8. Serves as the Chief Privacy Officer.
9. Serves as General Counsel to the board of directors.
10. Participates in the short and long term strategic planning and oversight of DDMI and Renaissance Health Service Corporation as a member of the executive management team. Position requires a law degree, good standing with a state bar, ten to fifteen years of legal experience, and three to five years management experience. Two to three years of senior management experience preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Position requires expert knowledge of corporate and regulatory law, including regulation of insurance entities, and ethical business practices; strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to represent and present on behalf of the organization; the ability to lead and motivate others; the ability to analyze and resolve the most complex business problems using independent judgment.
Position also requires the use of a well-maintained vehicle manufactured by Chrysler, Ford, or General Motors while acting as a representative of DDMI externally.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Delta Dental of Michigan
Website : http://www.ddpmi.com